Meir and Anne Sendor
Where do we stand
After a year in operation, we presently have ongoing meditation groups in three cities in Israel. We also had a two-day seminar in Tzfat in the summer, which was well-attended and well-received. Our website offers asynchronous educational resources. Our weekly posts on the parashah of the week have 200 subscribed, plus over 100 views on Facebook. Our site gets about 1400 views per month.
Goals for the next year
Our second-year goals are:
- to continue to expand our network of Jewish meditation groups in Israel,
- cultivate active groups in other countries,
- develop our website into a full-featured vehicle that can help knit together our members around the world, synchronously and asynchronously, providing them with a flexible and inspiring interactive and inter-relational experience.
- and develop programs for spiritual tourism in Israel.
The ongoing groups take place in Tzfat (both in English and Hebrew, for women, men, and mixed groups), Jerusalem, and Zikhron Yaakov. We have already started new groups in Pardes Hanna and Efrat, and hope to continue those monthly as well.
We are also working to hold learning sessions in other cities as special events. This could include holding Shabbatonim or other such longer-term seminars, both in the Tzfat area as well as other parts of the country or world. We are finalizing plans to lead a 5-day May 7-12, 2018, adult tour entitled Self-Renovation in conjunction with Livnot U’Lehibanot here in Tzfat, with a two-day follow-up of intensive meditation, for those who are interested.
We plan on having two groups meeting online for classes in Jewish meditation. We are also now working on a general online class not specific to a single setting, so we can interact with our members more frequently.
We also plan to start a master class, limited to those members who have shown particular interest in supporting Tal Orot on a larger scale.
Long-term goals and dreams
- To develop interconnectivity between groups,
- Set up a conference on Jewish meditation, and
- Develop an app for Jewish meditation
On a Personal Note
After living in the Artists Quarter in Tzfat for the past year, we found a house that overlooks the Hula Valley and Mt. Hermon, and that is perfect for holding meditation classes and workshops. We look forward to having as many of you visit as possible — let us know when!
שנה טובה ומתוקה!
Shanah Tovah Umetukah!
Meir and Anne Sendor